Sao Paulo is one of the biggest cities in the world that hosts many multiplexes. These entertainment venues offer all kinds of movies, but most of them mainly screen the latest blockbusters. Get the latest about the movies and movie timings in local newspapers.
Following are some of the cinema halls in Sao Paulo city:
Cinepolis branches in Sao Paulo are:
1. Cinepolis Mais Shopping: Rua Amador Bueno, 219, Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2. Cinepolis Metro Itaquera: Avenida Jose Pinheiro Borges, Shopping Metrô Itaquera, Itaquera, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
3. Cinepolis JK Iguatemi: Avenida Juscelino Kubitscheck, Loja 424, Vila Olimpia, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
4. Cinepolis Jardim Pamplona Shopping: Rua Pamplona, 1704 - Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Cinemark is a major cinema chain in Sao Paulo, some of its branches are:
1. Cinemark Shopping Cidade: Avenida Paulista, 1230 - Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2. Cinemark West Plaza: Av. Francisco Matarazzo, Agua Branca, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
3. Cinemark Shopping Iguatemi: Av Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2232 - Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
4. Cinemark Patio Higienopolis: Av. Higienopolis, 646 - Higienopolis, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Kinoplex has three branches in Sao Paulo as mentioned below:
1. Kinoplex Itaim: R. Joaquim Floriano, 462 - 29 - Itaim Bibi, São Paulo, Brazil.
2. Kinoplex Vila Olimpia: R. Olimpiadas, 360 - Lojas 603 / 604 - Vila Olímpia, São Paulo, Brazil.
3. Kinoplex City Park: Av. Das Nacoes Unidas, 14401 - Store 301, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
PlayArte branches in Sao Paulo are:
1. PlayArte Multiplex Center 3: Av. Paulista , 2064 - Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2. PlayArte Ibirapuera: Av. Ibirapuera, 3103 - Indianopolis, Campo Belo, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
3. Playarte Maraba: Av. Ipiranga, 757 - Republica, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
4. Playarte Multiplex Plaza Sul: Praca Leonor Kaupa, 100-Jardim da Saude, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Centerplex has 4 branches in Sao Paulo:
1. Centerplex Atibaia: Rua Jose Alvim, 347 Centro - Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2. Centerplex Serramar Shopping: Avenida Jose Herculano, 1086 Pontal de Santa Marina, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
3. Centerplex Diadema: Av. Afonso Monteiro da Cruz, 1150 Serraria, Diadema, Brazil.
4. Centerplex Lapa: Rua Catao, 72 - Lapa - Sao Paulo, Brazil.
UCI branches in Sao Paulo are:
1. UCI Santana: Rua Conselheiro Moreira de Barros, 2780 - Lauzane Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2. UCI Analia Franco: Av. Regente Feijo, 1759 - Tatuape, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
3. UCI Jardim Sul: Av. Giovanni Gronchi, 5819 - Vila Andrade, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Cine Reserva Cultural:
Address: Avenida Paulista, 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Cine Maua Plaza Shopping:
Address: Avenida Antonia Rosa Fioravante, 3270, Maua, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Cine Belas Artes:
Address: Rua da Consolaçao 2423, Jardins, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Address: Rua Augusta 2075, Jardins, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Sao Paulo city has a large number of theatres to entertain locals as well as visitors. Though most theatres offer plays in the Portuguese language, some specific venues like the British Cultural Center, Goethe Institute and Alliance Francaise occasionally offer plays in English, German and French, respectively. The city has a unique blend of different cultures. Some famous international acts and shows are often played in their Portuguese versions.
Centro Cultural do Banco do Brasil is the place to watch some astonishing performances by renowned artists. A large number of concerts take place at the Ibirapuera Park auditorium. Make your evening wonderful watching the Opera or the Ballet at Teatro Municipal. Bixiga district is famous for its theatre activities in Sao Paulo.
Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil:
This cultural centre is in the majestic building of the Bank of Brazil. It is the best venue for theatre, music, and visual art activities in Alvares Penteado.
Address: R. Alvares Penteado, 112, Centro, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Municipal Theatre (Teatro Municipal): (Visit)
The Opera and the Ballet are performed at the Teatro Municipal in Sao Paulo city. The building of this theatre is reminiscent of the Paris Opera House. It has a pleasant interior.
Address: Praca Ramos de Azevedo s/n, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Sala Sao Paulo: (Visit)
Enjoy an excellent Sao Paulo Symphony Orchestra at the Sala Sao Paulo. Originally a railway station, this beautiful building has been converted into a cultural complex. This 1500-seat theatre has an enormous space with 24-meter ceilings, columns, and stained glass windows.
Address: Praca Julio Prestes, 16 - Campos Eliseos, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Sergio Cardoso: (Visit)
The Teatro Sergio Cardoso offers plays, dance performances, and much more for your entertainment.
Address: Rua Rui Barbosa, 153 Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Oficina: (Visit)
Secretaria Estadual de Cultura, i.e. the State Department of Culture of Sao Paulo, supports Teatro Oficina. The theatre provides a great chance to study its contesting and avant-garde history by offering newspaper clippings, rehearsing notebooks, manuscripts, leaflets, videotapes, posters, and pictures.
Address: Rua Jaceguai, 520 - Bixiga, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Estadual de Araras: (Visit)
This theatre is one of the best theatres in the city, having a seating capacity of 466 people. It has a modern lighting system, an elevator with a capacity for two tons, Italian-style stage. It offers a platform for dance, theatre, and orchestra performances and concerts. It also has a theatre run by Secretaria Estadual da Cultura (the State Department of Culture).
Address: Av. Dona Renata, 4901 Araras, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Fernando de Azevedo:
Teatro Fernando de Azevedo is a venue for carrying out different activities by Secretaria Estadual da Cultura (the State Department of Culture). These activities include theatre performances resulting from the work developed in workshops, shows, and conferences.
Address: Praca da Republica, 53 Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Ibirapuera Auditorium is a fantastic place that carries a lot of events and concerts throughout the year.
Address: Avenida Pedro Alvares Cabral 3, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Alfa: (Visit)
Opened in 1998, this modernised Teatro Alfa is a popular entertainment spot in the city. It has a main theatre with a seating capacity of 1200 seats, a 200 seat recital hall, a rehearsal room, and extensive support facilities.
Address: R. Bento Branco de Andrade Filho, 722 - Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Teatro Sao Pedro: (Visit)
Teatro Sao Pedro was built in 1917 by the Portuguese immigrant Manuel Fernando Lopes. Since its establishment, the theatre has hosted eclectic performances, cinema sessions, and several different shows, dramas, and concerts. The renovation work by the Government of the State of Sao Paulo added some more flavours. In 1998, it reopened with modern lighting and acoustic resources.
Address: Rua Barra Funda, 161 Sao Paulo, Brazil.